On 14 September 2018, up to 100 guests will gather for the thirteenth annual DEBRA Sporting Challenge at the prestigious Holland & Holland Shooting Grounds to #FightEB.
This action-packed team day will raise essential funds for DEBRA, the national charity supporting people suffering from the potentially fatal skin blistering condition, Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB).
The Holland & Holland Shooting Grounds, which were upgraded in 2017, boast exceptional facilities. Following the recent appointment of celebrated chef, restauranteur and food writer, Mark Hix, as Top Chef Culinary Partner at Holland & Holland, guests can look forward both to an excellent culinary experience and to a fresh shooting event format this year, including:
- 10 sporting stands clay stands and two flurries – up to 10,000 clays fly over the guns. Guns, cartridges and clays are all supplied and professional instructors will be available at each stand. Novices and experts alike are welcome.
- A Holland & Holland stand – at this stand shooters score double using a Holland & Holland gun.
- A team flurry – a four-gun team flush including, GNAT model aircraft flying amidst the clays.
- A two-gun flurry – an extra flurry shooters can take on as a pair.
- Sparkling reception – kindly sponsored by Chapel Down, England’s leading wine producer.
- First class hospitality – including breakfast and coffee and a delicious three course lunch. Mark Hix, celebrated chef, restauranteur and food writer, is creating a three-course lunch menu for our DEBRA guests, with wines kindly provided by Chapel Down.
For the first time, DEBRA guests will also have the opportunity to fire Holland & Holland rifles at the UK’s first ever hunting cinema indoor rifle range, the ‘Scheisskino’, launched at the Holland & Holland Shooting Grounds in 2017.
Once-in-a-lifetime experiences, kindly donated by many generous sponsors, are also on offer in a charity auction to take place during the day, including work experience at Special Treats Productions and luxury stays at La Mamounia in Marrakesh, The Langley Buckinghamshire and Constance Moofushi in the Maldives.
Speaking of the event, Daryl Greatrex, Managing Director of Holland & Holland and President of the DEBRA Shooting Society, commented: “I look forward to welcoming guests to the thirteenth DEBRA Sporting Challenge at the Holland & Holland Shooting Grounds. EB is the most appalling condition – the children and adults who live with it are amongst the bravest people one can ever meet. I am full of admiration for the work that DEBRA does in providing hope, support and the highest standard of nursing care.”
In 2018 the DEBRA Shooting Society is aiming to raise £75,000, which could be used to fund important support services including EB nurses. DEBRA supports, clinical teams in both London and Birmingham who provide vital medical care for children and adults with EB. Your help could allow EB nurses to continue to provide this specialised care to members of the EB community.
Places for the DEBRA Sporting Challenge at Holland & Holland on 14 September are still available. Call the Events Team on 01344 771961 or email email@example.com to book your place.